Monday, June 16, 2008

Earthquake in Japan

There was a 7.2 earthquake in Japan. Just heard from my son and it was in his girlfriends hometown. None of her family was hurt tho-scary stuff. Even when you think everything is fine, there is always that space in your mind that is a bit fearful for your children's well-being. Being a person of faith really helps in that area, can't imagine life without it.

My family doctor told me some time ago that all the AA meetings in the world would not help an addict if the underlying problem is a chemical imbalance in the brain. But how many people really have perfectly balanced brains? Don't you just learn to compensate for it in different ways. The trouble is finding one's way thru all of that, the doctors, the perscriptions, the theories, etc. I think in the end you follow your gut feelings. My mother says as we grow older we just become more of ourselves. She said, "however we are is how we are going to be the rest of our lives, so you had better get used to it."

Just watched the movie, Numb. Very appropriate for this day and age. It is sort of a black comedy with a good ending.

3 comments:

『Behold My Swarthy Face。』 said...

Mom,
Since no one comments on your blog, I suggest you enter fake comments using fake names. It's what I do, and it makes your blog look more popular than it really is.

J. Margaret said...

Ryan, I am not going to leave fake comments. My girlfriends, and some women I do not know, email me, but do not comment right on the site. I guess they are afraid-or whatever. You can leave as many comments as you want-so glad you are ok. Maybe Hisae should move to the U.S. with you. Your brother says your only hope of ever being married was with Roxanne, but I think you will have another chance, ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan and J.
Jessica's single again. Going to school and working part time. Just had her 27th BD today. Can you believe it? She's doing great. She finally committed to finishing school and getting a life. She's such a beautiful, sweet, smart, young woman. If only she'd trust her own intelligence. All the other J's are doing well also.
My heart goes out to you for the pain you've suffered with "Tim". and I'm thankful you've had the stability of Ryan, T. and Mom and C. Call me. ALMcD